Friday Lunch Box Sale
March 8, 2016
Facilities – Forum
March 11, 2016

Religion - Forum

We value your opinion. Leaving feedback is simple. Just scroll down to the reply section, let us know how you feel and click on the "post comment " button on the right hand side. To remain anonymous simply provide "anonymous" as your name and "anonymous@icnf.org" as your email. To provide private feedback, please contact us through the contact us page. Looking forward to your Questions, Complaints, Suggestions or Comments -ICNF

18 Comments

1. Anonymous says:

The weekly newsletter sent on Oct. 12 shows the date of Oct. 16 for salah time change but the monthly calendar shows Oct. 15. Which one is correct?

Jazak Allah

2. Anonymous says:

The weekly newsletter sent on Aug. 17 shows the incorrect time for Asr salah. The newsletter states 6:45pm whereas the masjid clock shows 6:30pm.

Jazak Allah

3. Ahmad says:

Salaam,
    I really like the idea of diverse reciters in taraweeh giving a different texture and sound to the Quran. Of course it also keeps me awake with a change of reciter.

4. Sister says:

Kindly update the timings for the Jumuah salah. JazakAllah khair

5. Anonymous says:

اسّلام عليكم ورحمت الله وبركاته
    The 2 jumuah salahs are too close together.
    If I just come 5 minutes early to the second salah there is no parking and the first salah isn’t completed yet.
    I suggest you move the second jumuah slightly later (only like 10-15 minutes
    جزاك الله خير

6. Dawah Opportunity says:

So after my tai chi class, the instructor asks me; ‘We ask our divinity to fill us with a life force called Chi; what is the Muslim equivalent of Chi that fills Muslims with serenity and energy when they supplicate to their divinity Allah?’ Words like noor, spirit, ruh, khushoo shot through my mind but I didn’t feel too sure what was more accurate. Instead I said I didn’t know for sure and that I will ask around and get back when I find out. So here’s me asking, what IS the Muslim equivalent of Chi?

7. Planning ahead says:

So it looks like Eid is this wednesday, what are the Eid Salah timings please?

8. Sister says:

Is it acceptable to place the Holy Quran on the floor of the masjid?

• No it is not. The Quran is a holy book sent down from Allah as a guidance to humanity. It’s not a book published by humans with errors.

Shaykh Abdullah ibn Jibreen Rahmatullahi Tala Alayh says,It is better to put it in a high place so that it will be exalted in both the literal and metaphorical sense. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Exalted (in dignity), purified” [‘Abasa 80:14].The Qur’aan should not be put down in a low place or a place that is impure or on the dirt, because that is showing disrespect towards it”.

There is so much reward by just keeping the Quran clean. Respect towards Allah’s blessings is a great factor in strengthening our Imaan.

And Allah knows best

9. Anonymous says:

I just loved the khutbah today on layalatul qadr and associated surah. It was right when i needed the info. I wonder if we can do nightly group salat ul tasbeeh in the last 10 nights. Any way glad i came to jummah today. It was revitalizing after the mild mid ramadan stagnation. I hope we continue to have awesome khutbahs

• Samer Bashir says:

Al-Hamdu lil Allah and may Allah accept from all of us and grants us the reward of the last reaming nights, Ameen.
      As far as Salat al-Tasbeeh, the scholars (may Allah have mercy on them) differed as to whether Salat al-Tasbeeh is prescribed in Islam. The reason for this difference of opinion concerning it is the difference of opinion concerning the soundness of the hadeeth which speaks of it. The prominent scholars are of the view that it is da‘eef (weak).

Jazakum Allah Khairun

10. Anonymous says:

AsalamAlukom, if we have any religious question,can we ask anyone in the religious committee ?if we can do that,how can we reach them? Phones,emails…?
    JazakaAllah

11. Anonymous says:

I really enjoyed the recording of guiding lights on the website. Could you also record the Jummah’s